Yogis, if you’re going to watch the election results on the news, put away the booze and unroll your mat. This is better than any old drinking game!
The rule: every time someone says _________ , do __________ for 5 complete breaths.
- David Catania: cat pose
- Muriel Bowser: downward facing dog
- Phil Mendelson: fire hydrant pose
- Eleonor Holmes Norton: mountain pose
- Any republican senator or representative in another state: fire hydrant pose
- Any democrat senator in a red state: mountain pose with the arms up
- Senate: side plank
- House of Representatives: side plank on the other side
- Independent party: eagle pose
- Green party: tree pose
- “The results are leaning towards…” : triangle or side angle pose
- Lies, negative campaigning, or flip-flop: any twist pose
- Campaign funds / spending: boat pose
Have fun! Stay present and listen instead of reacting with judgment and critique. Tomorrow, while your fellow citizens nurse their hangover, you’ll feel calm, limber, with a greater awareness of the latest in U.S. politics!
© 2014 Amy Dara Hochberg. Image: http://www.printfection.com/yogatshirts/US-Patriotic-Yoga-T-shirts-Sweatshirts-Tees/_s_52585, grabbed on January 28, 2014. All rights reserved.
Yoga with Amy Dara by Amy Dara Hochberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://www.amydara.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.amydara.com/contact.